Your chance to try ski touring & splitboarding, check out the latest equipment developments, try new gear, join a beginners lesson or avalanche awareness workshop, meet new touring partners and go ride some of NZ’s best terrain.
About the FestivalSplitfest is a gathering of like minds!
The festival is about access to skills and information, a chance to try splitboarding or ski touring, and meet new contacts and touring partners for adventures in the hills.
Our instructors, presenters, and gear specialists have volunteered their time to bring you a range of workshops, demos, and other events. To encourage maximum participation the registration fee is set at the minimum to cover event running costs. Thanks to our sponsors there is a stack of prizes up for grabs too!
Get involved!Here's some of the reasons to get yourself up to Temple Basin for the Splitfest Backcountry Festival
- Meet new contacts and touring partners
- Extend your knowledge of backcountry travel and splitboarding gear, latest developments and best options for your aspirations
- Build your skills in touring, riding, assessing terrain, and staying safe
- Try out new gear
- Share your knowledge with other backcountry enthusiasts
- Experience the on-snow hospitality of Temple Basin in Arthurs Pass National Park
- Gain local knowledge in some of NZ’s best terrain
- Awards, prizes, music & more!
Would you like to contribute?A core purpose of Splitfest is to profile new developments in techniques and split boarding equipment. As part of the event an on-snow demo service runs all weekend for participants to learn about the latest equipment and provide opportunities to give it a go.
We are always on the lookout for new product that will enhance the sport and extend an open invite to manufacturers and distributors to participate in the event, either by running on-snow demonstrations or contributing to demo gear available.
For all enquiries please contact email@example.com
See you at Temple Basin for Splitfest 2018!
6-9 September 2018